What to Bring/Have at Pre-Advising and Orientation
Things to do prior to Pre-Advising and Orientation:
- Review the advising modules on Canvas on What Do You Already Have Credit For, How to Choose your Courses, and How to Register/Enroll in Your Courses.
- Complete any necessary Placement Tests.
Pre-Advising Day: (usually 2-3 days prior to your SPOP Orientation day)
During pre-advising day you’ll have an individual advising appointment with an academic advisor. It is important that you bring/have the following information to that appointment:
- Your UCINetID.
- Any Advancement Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and/or SAT/ACT Test Scores.
- These scores will help us to know what you may already have credit for.
- Transcripts from any community colleges or other institutions where you have completed college credit.
- A device that can access your Zoom appointment and other information via the internet.
Orientation (SPOP) Day: (the day you register for classes)
During SPOP day, you’ll have time to follow-up with an advisor and register for classes. To register, you’ll need:
- Your UCINetID and Password
- A device that can access the registration system via the internet.
- Your list of possible options for fall courses that you will have developed with an advisor during pre-advising.