Being U/U at UCI!
Being U/U at UCI is one of the best decisions a student can make.
U/U students include:
- Students who enter UCI uncertain about what major to choose and may not feel ready to declare.
- Students have a major in mind, but need to complete requirements to change into their desired major.
- Students who gain admission to a declared major but are no longer interested in that major.
Did you know?
- Three out of every four students who starts college each year has some level of uncertainty about their major.
- Students who start undeclared are more likely to graduate than students who start with a declared major.
- Over 90% of employers do not care what your major is, but they do care that you earn a degree and gain particular career transferrable skills. You gain those skills through your experience as an undergraduate at UCI in any major.
If you’re undecided, we’ll help you explore and find a major. If you’re decided, we’ll help you to confirm, revise, or replace that initial choice to be sure to help you find the best fit major for you.
Our advisors are trained to assist students with so much more than just deciding what courses to take. U/U advisors assist you through the major exploration process and help you to transition into a major. U/U advisors also support you through the challenges that come with transitioning to UCI.
The Undergraduate/Undeclared Advising Program includes two key programs and services to promote a successful transition to UCI and eventually into a major:
And there’s more…
There are also a variety of other courses, programs, and resources offered through the Undergraduate/Undeclared Advising Program to enhance students’ experiences at UCI, including:
- UNIVERSITY STUDIES 1 COURSE
- UNDERGRADUATE/UNDECLARED MENTORSHIP PROGRAM (UUMP)
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROGRAM